Looking ahead to another momentous year in Canadian gaming, the Canadian Gaming Association (CGA). Canada’s national trade association representing leading operators and suppliers in Canada’s gaming, sports betting, eSports, and lottery industries, has announced the appointment of llkim Hincer, Executive Vice President & Chief Legal Officer at Hard Rock International, as the new Chair of its Board of Directors.
The CGA has also named George Sweny, Vice-President of Compliance at Flutter Entertainment, as a Vice-Chair of the Board.
In addition, the association has welcomed several new prominent members at the turn of the year, including Toronto-based betting giant theScore Bet, as well as Playtech, Paramount Commerce, and LeoVegas.
In welcoming Hincer, CGA President and CEO Paul Burns highlighted the new Chair’s “strong track record” in gaming.
“I am pleased that Ilkim has accepted the role of Chair of the Board of Directors,” said Burns in a CGA statement. “I’ve known Ilkim for years and have followed his notable career in the gaming industry. Ilkim has a strong track record with some of the world’s largest gaming operators, both here in Canada and in the United States. I look forward to working alongside him as we bounce back from the pandemic and position the CGA to capitalize on all of the exciting technology, iGaming, and sports betting developments across Canada.”
Hincer, who will replace Carrie Kormos, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer at Gateway Casinos & Entertainment, said he is “honoured” to serve as the new Board Chair.
“The CGA has played a key role in helping our industry weather this incredibly challenging pandemic,” he added. “I want to thank Carrie Kormos for her transformational leadership during her term as Chair, and look forward to working with Paul, the Board and our many diverse stakeholders as we recover and continue to grow in these rapidly evolving times.”
These appointments come the month after the CGA named four new board members: Scott Burton, CEO of FansUnite Entertainment Inc.; Danielle Bush, Counsel at McCarthy Tetrault, LLP; Dean Ehrlich, Executive Vice President & Games Business Leader at Everi; and Neil Erlick, Chief Corporate Development Officer at Nuvei.
Hincer and Sweny will join Bush and Robert Scarpelli, Managing Director at HLT Advisory Inc., who hold the roles of Corporate Secretary and Treasurer on the CGA’s Board.
The full 2021/2022 CGA Board of Directors is as follows:
- llkim Hincer, EVP & Chief Legal Officer, Hard Rock International, Chair
- George Sweny, Vice President Compliance, Flutter Entertainment, Vice-Chair
- Danielle Bush, Partner McCarthy Tétrault LLP, Corporate Secretary
- Rob Scarpelli, Managing Director, HLT Advisory Inc., Treasurer
- Scott Burton, CEO, FansUnite Entertainment Inc.
- Dean Ehrlich, EVP & Games Business Leader, Everi
- Neil Erlick, Chief Corporate Development Officer, Nuvei
- David Flinn, Regional Vice President Sales, Canada, South America, Central America, IGT
- Jeffrey Haas, SVP International Strategy, DraftKings
- Chuck Keeling, EVP Stakeholder Relations & Responsible Gambling, Great Canadian Gaming Corporation
- Carrie Kormos, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Gateway Casinos & Entertainment
- Adriane McGrath, Director, Business Development, Konami Gaming Inc.
- Bob Parente, EVP & Chief Revenue Officer, Gaming, Scientific Games
- Richard Taylor, President, Niagara Casinos
- Shelley White, President & CEO, Responsible Gambling Council