The Canadian Gaming Association (CGA) added six new members to its board of directors during its most recent annual meeting.
On Dec 7, the CGA selected the following as new board members: Bruce Caughill, Managing Director (Canada) for Rush Street Interactive (RSI); Mark Harper, GM at NS Sports Media; Charmaine Hogan, Head of Regulatory Affairs at Playtech; Dale Hooper, GM of FanDuel Canada; Niaz Nejad, SVP & Head of Marketing for US and Canada at Aristocrat Gaming; and Scott Vanderwel, CEO of PointsBet Canada.
Ilkim Hincer, Chair of the board and EVP & Chief Legal Officer at Hard Rock International, stated: “Given this unprecedented time of growth in the Canadian gaming industry, the CGA board of directors has been amplified by five new members.
“Increased representation is important to ensure that the work of the board reflects the diverse needs of Canadian gaming. I look forward to continued collaboration with the board as we work together to shape a progressive environment that enables this industry to succeed.”
Currently RSI’s Managing Director (Canada), Caughill has nearly 25 years of executive experience in the Canadian gaming industry. He has also worked for the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario as its Chief Legal Officer and for Niagara Casinos as its VP of Legal and Chief Compliance Officer.
Boasting over 25 years of experience in the digital media space, Harper has worked for NS Sports for five years, supplying sports betting communities with insights via Covers’ website brands across North American markets, reaching over 25 million readers. He also has experience in digital sales, ad operations, and digital marketing.
Before joining Playtech, Hogan served the Malta Government and the European Commission, working on EU legislation and policy development in Brussels. She now focuses on emerging and regulating markets, engaging with policy-makers and stakeholders as well as providing regulatory development advice.
With over 20 years of experience, Hooper has led FanDuel’s expansion in Canada and is responsible for the operator’s strategy, operations, marketing, and commercial relationships in the country. He has previously served in leadership and C-Suite roles with Rogers Communications, PepsiCo Canada, and Cannabis Compliance Inc, and has been on the board of the Canadian Paralympic Committee, St Joseph’s Hospital Foundation, and Canadian Sports Institute Ontario.
As SVP and Head of Marketing for the US and Canada, Nejad is in charge of Aristocrat Gaming’s overall brand and marketing strategy, execution, and business performance, responsible for infusing innovation and creativity. With over 25 years of leadership experience across multiple verticals, she has held the role of COO for the Alberta Gaming, Liquor, and Cannabis Commission, setting its provincial gaming and cannabis strategic direction, corporate portfolio, digital transformation, and revenue forecasts.
Since August 2021, Vanderwel has been CEO of PointsBet Canada, but he has also previously served as SVP for Rogers Communications and led the Canadian practice for global business strategy consultancy Monitor Group, which was later acquired by Deloitte. He is also the former Chair of the Ivey alumni network board and a current member of the Ivey advisory network board.
Paul Burns, President and CEO of the CGA, added: “We welcome Charmaine, Bruce, Niaz, Mark, Dale, and Scott to the CGA board and believe their experience will help the Association launch its new strategic plan to guide our growth and development over the next several years.
“Their subject matter expertise and professional skill set make them ideally suited to lead the CGA at this exceptional time, as we are evolving our way of working to meet the needs and be of service to our members while driving our mission forward.”
The CGA also announced that David Flinn, Bob Parente, and George Sweny would be leaving the board due to their terms expiring, with Parente and Sweny continuing to serve the board in a different capacity moving forward.
2022/2023 CGA Board of Directors:
- Scott Burton, CEO, FansUnite Entertainment Inc.
- Danielle Bush, Counsel, McCarthy Tetrault, LLP
- Bruce Caughill, Managing Director (Canada) Rush Street Interactive
- Dean Ehrlich, Executive Vice President & Games Business Leader, Everi
- Neil Erlick, Chief Corporate Development Officer, Nuvei
- Jeffrey Haas, Chief Revenue Officer, AtomicHub io
- Mark Harper, General Manager, NS Sports Media
- Ilkim Hincer, EVP & Chief Legal Officer, Hard Rock International
- Charmaine Hogan, Head of Regulatory Affairs, Playtech
- Dale Hooper, General Manager, FanDuel Canada
- Chuck Keeling, EVP, Stakeholder Relations & Responsible Gaming, Great Canadian Entertainment
- Carrie Kormos, Chief Marketing & Communication Officer, Gateway Casinos & Entertainment
- Adriane McGrath, Vice President, Business Development, Konami Gaming Inc.
- Niaz Nejad, SVP and Head of Marketing, US and Canada, Aristocrat Gaming
- Rob Scarpelli, Managing Director, HLT Advisory Inc.
- Richard Taylor, President, Niagara Casinos
- Scott Vanderwell, CEO, PointsBet Canada
- Shelley White, President & CEO, Responsible Gambling Council