The British Columbia Lottery Corporation (BCLC) is gearing up for the return of its New Horizons in Responsible Gambling conference next month, focused this year on the theme of ‘reconnection’ and ‘rediscovery’.
Last taking place in 2020, the annual event has been disrupted by the global pandemic but will return to its regular venue at JW Marriott Parq Vancouver, from Mar. 6-8.
The conference will begin with a keynote address from Dr. James Makokis and Anthony Johnson, who became the first two-spirit team to compete and win in the Amazing Race Canada, receiving national attention for their participation in the show and raising awareness to create equal access for LGBTQ2S+ and Indigenous populations.
Jay Robinson (Focal Research Consultants), Sasha Stark (Greo), Melissa Salmon (RGC) and Laurie Norman (Saskatchewan Gaming) have also recently been confirmed as speakers next month.
The conference features 13 additional sessions, including:
- The “Self-Exclusion” Puzzle: Putting the Pieces Together
- Piloting a Financial Literacy Education Campaign for Safer Gambling
- GameSense Licensing: Collaborating Around a Unified Responsible Gambling Program
- Understanding Emerging Forms of Gambling
- What We Know About Winners and How We Can Support Them
- The Power of Player Education in Responsible Gambling
- Addressing Stigma (For Real)
- Regulatory Views from Here and Abroad
- Omnichannel Approach to Responsible Gambling at MGM Resorts and BetMGM
- Healthy Play: Our Common Goal
- Remote Voluntary Self-Exclusion and Digital Marketing of Online Support
- Evolving Supports for Players at Risk: Canada’s Leadership Opportunities
Meanwhile, BCLC recently announced a rebrand of its voluntary self-exclusion program, featuring two key changes.