Caesars Windsor to reopen to invited members on October 8
September 22, 2020
Caesars Windsor will reopen to invited guests on Thursday, Oct. 8 under Ontario’s Stage 3 reopening guidelines, after being closed for over six months.
The reopening will be limited to slot machines only, ensuring it meets provincial guidelines restricting indoor gatherings to a maximum of 50 guests at any time. It will not include table games, poker rooms, or other non-gaming amenities like restaurants, bars, hotels, and pools on site, which will all stay shut.
Due to the restricted capacity, the property will open to invited Caesars Rewards members only more people are allowed by the province. Invited members will be notified by email and will be required to make a reservation in advance. For now, Caesars Windsor will remain closed to the general public and all other amenities
In a news release
, the casino outlines its updated health and safety measures, which include:
- All employees and guests wearing masks
- Slot machines being spaced out in line with physical distancing guidelines
- Hand sanitizing stations being placed throughout the venue
- Increased cleaning and sanitization throughout the venue
- Plexiglass barriers being placed between employees and guests
- Employees and guests completing a health questionnaire before entering
- All employees taking a temperature check before starting work
"With an emphasis on our enhanced health and safety protocols, this initial phase of reopening provides an opportunity to recall additional team members and reconnect with our Caesars Rewards customers," president Kevin Laforets said. "We look forward to welcoming back more of our valued guests and team members when we are able to expand our capacity on property."