"I am pleased to welcome them to the CGA Board of Directors and believe their experience will help the Association through this period of transformation," said Paul Burns, President and CEO of the CGA. "These are seasoned professionals who have strong track records as trusted leaders in the gaming industry. I look forward to tapping into their expertise as we focus on implementing the CGA's strategic plan.
"I'm thrilled that Carrie agreed to accept the role of Chair. She has a sharp understanding of the Canadian political landscape from her work as a political advisor and Chief of Staff in a number of government ministries. She also has significant expertise in marketing and communications in our industry. We are lucky to have access to Carrie's skills, and I look forward to working with her."
The Full 2018/2019 CGA Board of Directors
• Carrie Kormos, SVP Marketing & Communications, Gateway Casinos & Entertainment, Chair
• Paul Burns, President & CEO, Canadian Gaming Association
• Danielle Bush, Partner Miller Thomson LLP, Corporate Secretary
• John Drake, President & CEO, Casino Rama
• David Flinn, Regional Vice President, IGT Canada
• Ilkim Hincer, VP Canadian Strategic Affairs, Hard Rock
• Rick Meitzler, President, NOVOMATIC Americas Sales, LLC
• Bob Parente, SVP Chief Revenue Officer, Scientific Games
• Edward Peters, Executive Vice President Sales & Marketing, Everi
• Spencer Peterson, Vice President Technical Compliance, Konami
• Rob Scarpelli, Managing Director, HLT Inc.
• George Sweny, Vice President Compliance, Stars Group Inc.
• Shelley White, President & CEO, Responsible Gambling Council